This includes both Melodie's "Joie de Vivre" tour and Cary's "Birthday Celebration Tour."
NOTE: These are both private tours for two different groups of friends. If you're not part of one of these tours, and you'd like to book your own private tour for a group of 6 to 10 friends, please let us know!
For single occupancy:
Deadline for Melodie's group: Feb. 1, 2022 and for Cary's group: July 1, 2022
Payment may be made on this site with credit card or PayPal. Or you may send a check to:
Jennifer Wolcott/Meli Melo Travel, 22 Hancock St., Portland, ME 04101
Questions? Contact Jenn at 978.460.4336 or Melimelotravel@gmail.com.
This deposit secures your spot on our first-ever French-immersion tour in the magical South of France. Felicitations, you're heading to Provence this fall!
Here is a sample plan:
- Stay either in or near the quaint, quintessentially Provençal village of Saint Remy in either a hotel or private home. (Two options: Mas de Carassins in St. Remy or Moulin de la Roque, which is 15 minutes from St. Remy in the tiny town of Noves.)
- On most days after breakfast, we’ll meet for two-hour French classes, followed by free time until lunch together. In the afternoon, we’ll enjoy a variety of excursions, including:
1) A walking food and history tour of Saint Remy with an excellent local guide, who will share their vast knowledge of Saint Remy and the Provence region and welcome your questions - a great way to put your French into practice! Among sites we’ll visit is St. Paul le Mausole, the hospital where Van Gogh lived and painted 150 of his best known works.
2) A tour of famous medieval villages in the Luberon Natural Park – With a local French guide, we would likely visit the charming and historic villages of LaCoste, Roussillon, and Gordes. This enchanting area is about an hour from St. Remy, but so worth the drive. (Perhaps you’ve read Peter Mayle’s “A Year in Provence,” which takes place there, as he lived in Lourmarin.)
3) A full-day cooking class that starts with shopping for ingredients at an outdoor farmer’s market - with a fun, talented, and highly regarded local French cooking teacher.
4) Friday morning market in Eygalières, one of the prettiest little villages in Provence. After shopping for local lavender, honey, soaps, scarves, Provencal textiles, and more, we’ll meet for lunch, then stroll up the hill to one of the town’s highest points for a spectacular view.
5) Wine tasting at Chateau Romanin, a biodynamic winery on a vast and majestic property in St Remy.
6) Yoga class in St. Remy and/or hike in the St. Remy area, which is in the foothills of “Les Alpilles,” also known as the “Baby Alps.”
7) Visit to Avignon or Arles, including tour with a local guide and lunch.
8) More to come….
Cost for a one-week French-immersion tour with Nina and Jenn is $4150 for double occupancy, $4600 for single. Your deposit of $500 will secure your spot, and two installments are due roughly six months (March 1) and three months (June 1) prior to the tour.
Included in the tour price: Accommodations for 7 nights All transfers from Marseille airport (about a 1-hour flight from Paris) or Avignon TGV station (3 hours from Paris)
All French classes with Nina, tours, tastings, cooking classes, and excursions Wine with meals (about 2 glasses pp) Three dinners Five lunches All breakfasts
Not included in the tour price: Airfare Excursions enjoyed separately from the group Four dinners Two lunches