Jan. 2, 2024
Dear Friends of Meli Melo Travel,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I wish you all good health, abundant joy, and beautiful adventures in 2024.
On the topic of adventures, I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be co-hosting a different type of travel experience in the spring - one that might pique your interest. Or perhaps you know a friend who would want to join us.
I am partnering with my cousin, Joan Lawder Paul (in photo with me), on an inspirational retreat (March 20-23) in beautiful, historic Beaufort, South Carolina, for women aged 50+ who are interested in exploring ideas for their next chapter in life, whether it be writing a memoir, traveling the world, volunteering at home or abroad, or focusing their energies on any of the other myriad pursuits available to them.
Joan is a dynamic person, an engaging speaker, and a creative entrepreneur. She and her husband, Doug, own the Griswold Inn in Essex, Ct., and a few years ago, she launched an exciting new side gig: She founded “Her Next Act” (HNA), a community of women exploring purpose, passion, and projects of meaning in their post-50 years.
She hosts regular online gatherings for these bright, thoughtful women, many of whom attended her first in-person retreat at the Griswold Inn last September - and they’re still raving about it.
The Essex retreat featured thought-provoking speakers, awe-inspiring activities (daily outdoor yoga with poetry, a sunset dinner cruise to see migrating swallows…), and plenty of time for mingling and impromptu sharing.
Our collaborative retreat in Beaufort will combine the best of both Meli Melo Travel and HNA - cultural immersion; authentic, off-the-beaten-path exploration; and a taste of place as well as motivational speakers; sharing of like-minded women; and experiences that prompt soul searching, reflection, and self-discovery.
Here’s a preliminary plan for the retreat, based at the Rhett House Inn (in photo), a legendary local landmark that oozes with elegance and Southern charm.
- Welcome Gathering and Special Catered Dinner featuring Lowcountry Cuisine
- Private guided walking tour of Beaufort’s history and architecture
- Gentle outdoor yoga on two mornings - led by Jenn
- Conversations with inspirational local women, including an author, a food writer/chef, and a travel-business owner
- A sunset cruise with a noted naturalist, including dinner and drinks
- A private tour of the Pat Conroy Literary Center
- Dinner at the highly acclaimed Saltus River Grill
- Free time to bike or walk on the Spanish Moss Trail, stroll and shop along Bay Street, or relax on the Rhett House porch
The retreat price is $850 and includes all of the above.
It does not include:
- Transportation to and from Beaufort (fly to Savannah or Charleston, then share taxi or Uber - we can help arrange this)
- Accommodations - Rhett House, Anchorage Inn, or a nearby Airbnb (We can help arrange - let Jenn know if you're interested in this option.)
- Two lunches
- Drinks at Saltus River Grill
The Rhett House Inn is within walking distance of everything Beaufort has to offer. You could book a room there or at another nearby accommodation - the Anchorage Inn would be a good choice. Or you could share an Airbnb. (Please contact Jenn if you’re interested in this option.)
Joan and Jenn will stay in a cottage at the Rhett House, which will be our home base for group gatherings and the opening night Welcome Dinner.
This will be an entirely walkable retreat with all activities based in Beaufort center.
If you'd like to join us, please pay a non-refundable deposit of $200 by Feb. 1. The remaining payment of $650 is not due until March 1. This payment is only refundable if you find someone to take your spot.
Payments by made via credit card on my web site:
Alternatively, you could pay via Venmo: jennifer-wolcott-2.
Please let me know if you have any questions. If you can’t join us, we hope you’ll share this retreat information with any friends who might be interested.
Thank you and warmest wishes for the new year!